Monday, 24 January 2011

Reasons to be cheerful Part 2



Its no secret that I'm a little behind with technology... I call those things from Amazon 'Kimbles', I only just realised that my computer doesn't have a 'hole' for floppy discs and if I need to go somewhere I don't know I look at a map.......so when I discovered one of those little memory card uploader thingys for your camera memory disk I thought all my Christmas's had come at once.
**Uploading my piccys onto the computer in the blink of an eye has to be one reason to be cheerful on a dull Monday morning :)**




**Eating lovely fresh eggys from the lovely Jane's hens who used to blog on here with me ..(Jane not the hens)**


**Finding that if I buy a nice drum lampshade I can make my old lampshade look a bit more 'with it'**




**Finally finding a frame befitting of the lovely 'Betsy' print **
but trying not to think of the huge parking fine I got whilst buying it




Hope you're having a happy monday :) x x x x x x x x

10 comments:

  1. I love the lampshade, such a great idea.
    I hope you have a lovely week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday to you too Jane!

    Ah yes, there are some reasons to be cheerful! Mine were candles and ribbon today. I uhhmmed and ahhed whether to get some really big frames from a cheapo shop today. They were huge and had a big oil painting canvas of a fisherman. Actually quite alluring in a hideous sort of way! Anyway, for a tenner for a big ornate-y kind of frame that would have looked fab sprayed, I dithered. Well, the fact that I had bags hanging off every arm and trying to get one (might have been two or even three) frames under my arm to the car would have been suicide. But, reasons to be cheerful were that I saw them, cannot stop thinking about them and might go back for them! he he!

    Happy days!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me check my computer - no floppy space just one for cdrom thingies.

    My reason to be cheerful - it wasn't dark tonight till after 4.40pm - roll on the light evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovelyness and every reason to be cheerful with this post.....love the soldier....I got my Husband one of these in a Christmas sale ( Peacocks?) H xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what lovely cheery photos jane! have a good week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos, they're very cheerful too.
    Happy Thuesday now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, boiled egg and soldiers, scrummy. Speaking of which my reason to be cheerful is blue eggs from one of my hens! Check them out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello lovely lady

    oooh i think i have been inspired to make a boiled egg and soldiers for lunch. may i borrow your charming egg cup?
    i do love your photos, that first one made my heart go all fluttery.

    i am a complete technophobe myself and have no idea whether my computer has floppy space or whatever, but sounds like i need to wise up.

    thank you so for sharing all this loveliness xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes need to think a little too hard for reasons to be cheerful! not today though: sold a few vintage delights on etsy and have nearly finished building my website, (don't be too impressed: no html just drag and drop for another techno chimp!) smile...

    ReplyDelete
  10. love posts like this, love the celebration of any reason to be happy!
    x

    ReplyDelete