Monday, 24 October 2011

half term hi - jinx...... (not as exciting as it sounds)


Another half term is here....I am racking my brains to come up with Autumn crafts that I actually like....so far we have made these little owls.....very easy, just two little stuffed shapes with felt features ( glued on as it all went a bit pear shaped with a needle and thread )



we also hunted out this little make from a few years ago, after spotting a little squirrel home in a tree.......
inspired by Wind in the Willows it was made from a box which we cut a door into and then decorated inside and out....
I think Mr Mole upgraded to a riverside loft when the housing market was good a few years ago so Mrs Deer moved in with her gingham rug and a few good books...

I have plans for this little abode......think...winter wonderland.....christmas grotto
 
I leave you with our favourite makes from last october holiday.....I can't find the real roll models anywhere I think they have upped and left for a better life (or worse the recycle bin )



Hope you are having a lovely week :)

x x x x x x x 


19 comments:

  1. Really really cute. My dd wants to make an Owl house now and some owls to go in it. What box would be best? A shoebox? Cereal box? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel,

    Ours was a fairy light box, anything as long as its quite thick cardboard, as it gets a bit wobbly when you start cutting into it :)
    Have fun x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable.I love it!Owls are the cutest arent they?

    Blessings for a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaww loving all your makes the owls are adorable love the use of colours and fabrics. Enjoy your week to, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all looks such fun - can I come & play?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!!!
    I want to play too...
    I keep waiting for your cushions to arrive in your store!!! waiting ...waiting...I will be a good girl and be patient! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    I found your blog today and I absolutely love it. Very cute and inspiring!!

    Hugs from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mole's/deer's house!!!
    Looking forward to seeing it as a winter wonderland!!!
    I think one of the first blogs of yours I read was your toilet paper roll family, and my youngest has had such fun with making her version of our family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore your new items and your little home and those sweet little owls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute little cottage for your little deer! I want to shrink down to a few inches high and live there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those owls are soooo cute!
    Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your little. 'makes', especially the little mole cubby.
    ever so clever.

    xo
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so good! I had loads of crafting plans for our 2 week break and ended up doing nothing! It was far easier to take the boys outside to be 'exercised' - mind you, it's still early in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Accidentally came across your blog and I thought I'd say that your little crafts are wonderful. Love the deer house - it's really cute.

    P.S. For the autumn crafts - you could make some bird houses or bird feeders that you could hang outside on a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness me these are all so lovely and inspiring!! I must make a christmas grotto too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh how I've missed you my friend - been too long! looking forward to a boy free catch up in a couple of sleeps...
    fee x
    lovely owls btw

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these cute and curious items that you have shared, your house musT be so interesting. I L.O.V.E Mole End, you have inspired me yet again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol, am reading The Wind in the Willows to my son just now so the idea of Mole upgrading to a riverside loft really made me laugh! Lovely creations :-).

    ReplyDelete