Thursday, 23 June 2011

Show and tell........

Once upon a time a sad little dark brown and (a little bit stinky) cupboard came home with me.......it sat for many weeks unpainted and unloved..then the other week when the sun was shining I whipped it outside, popped on my painting hat ( I always get paint in my hair!) and gave it a little makeover, all shiny and white inside and out and with pretty flower sticky back plasticky stuff......then I popped her back inside and gave her the job of looking after all our #1's and#2's DVDs...hurrah job done!!! and I even have space to display some of my little vintage bits...all for £5...bargain

I won't mention that the boys can't actually open the doors to get to their DVDs because I was so happy with the result I shut them too quickly and now they are stuck.......ahem...
I was supposed to be making bags today...

But this little bundle kept calling to me....so I finished this instead..pics to follow.......

Have a lovely weekend...sorry I know its only Thursday but it feels like Friday and I never know what day it is anyway :)

16 comments:

  1. Evening. Love the sticky door cupboard. And I'm intrigued to see what the bundle was calling. Happy weekend to you too- is it not Friday already??? Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a little furniture makeover.
    You've inspired me to dig out the horrid brown tables from the garage (originally found in a skip) and transform them into objects of loveliness.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it is all so sweet! Such pretty colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupboard looks lovely, shame about the doors!

    Can't wait to see what becomes of the bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Jane, nice to 'meet' you! ;-) I love all your stuff, reminds me a bit of Tif from Dottie Angel. She actually lives only 20 minutes away from me and it is always so much fun to visit and hear some Brit-speak. :-)
    I love that sticky back plasticky stuff as you call it!
    Marjan/ Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it...happy weekend...enjoy!

    Oh and I am loving my cushions...pure joy...thanks once again. We are moving into a new home in July...they will look stunning.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at the sweet little home it has now.....it turned out so cute!
    that fan is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah now a cupboard with doors that don't open sounds like quite a good solution if you wanted to store something that you didn't want littlies to get at ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all fresh and new again, I love it....and you ended up outsmarting the boys! So funny!! I'm sure they will figure it out!
    Have a great weekend!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little maskeover! I love your yellow fan.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks gorgeous!Thank you for the info on the Potato plant, I looked it up and it looks very pretty!
    Must find me one of those!
    Can't wait to see what you've been up to!
    Have a great weekend!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute my friend, cute.
    It's the weekend - (yep, friday!) hooray! and the sun is going to shine, even in manchester (sunday at least!) Will miss you tomorrow night...
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blog you have!! We are going to follow you... Happy Weekend!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg i love that fan! I need to find a pretty one for my house. maybe a quieter one too haha! I have mine on every night cuz it helps with my insomnia but it drives my bf insane and freezes the cat :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it's perfect and I love your fan! Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was convinced it was Wednesday on Tuesday last week. I was all prepared for the Wednesday horror of swimming lessons, it felt like a reprieve!

    I have one of those cupboards waiting in the wings, and a chest of drawers, and a stool. The sun is shining so I could paint them today...but then again you'll really got to be in the mood dontcha think? I think a little crochet action is needed instead.

    Looking forward to seeing what you made instead of bags.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely to hear from you :) x