Tuesday 24 April 2012

the post about big feet and crochet.....



I had a little trip into Manchester last week with Mr H, we try to steal away sometimes during the week as we don't get out very often and don't actually see that much of each other... so we go off somewhere..have a coffee and a bit of lunch and then noodle around a few shops...this usually entails me sneaking off to vintage and  fabric shops and Mr H disappearing in the direction of the nearest vinyl record store.......it doesn't happen very often but its just nice to spend time together....
the fruits of my trip were a small bag of lovely cotton yarn in very lovely colours....



so this weekend I turned them into these.......




and also made a bit of progress with this..



...which I started over Easter..not my usual colours but I love the way they look together with the white :)



 ...my plans of staying home all weekend were scuppered when in between watching re-runs of Father Ted....I saw a news article about these.....



not wanting to miss out on a very exciting chance to see these amazing GIANT puppets walking around Liverpool we piled in the car and went for a peek....




this guy was my favourite...I loved  the fact that two big men had to swing from a rope just to move his huge feet!! .... we chased them all over the city on Saturday... ( the puppets not his feet )
take a look here for more info sea odyssey Liverpool


Hope you're having a lovely week :)

x x x x x x