Tuesday, 26 April 2011

long weekends......

~School~
~off School~
~School~
~off School again
~Easter Eggs~
~off School due to too much chocolate~
Sound Familiar?
I don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment..hope I'm not the only one :)
The mayhem was broken up a bit this weekend with a nice distraction organised by my lovely friend Jane who kindly opened up her garden to the public for a little Easter Fair..I managed to take a few pics before anyone arrived.

There were lovely crafts and an Easter treasure hunt,

Delicious homemade cakes made with eggs from Jane's 3 hens (who were a bit camera shy and I couldn't get a photo of ) also fresh lemon curd and homemade lemonade.......


I had a little corner doing face painting, which.. despite my worries that I would be rubbish was great fun :) and the kids seemed quite pleased with their wonky bunnies and glittery chicks.

The sun shone and a good day was had by all and we managed to raise some money for the Hen Welfare Trust and eat any cakes that were left over so happy bunnies all round...
Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend

I just wanted to say....Apologies for my lack of posts and visits to your lovely blogs, normal service will be resumed soon and hello and thank you to new followers and readers, I do appreciate that you take a peep into my Tea soaked,Fabric obsessed, Morrissey warbling world :)

Jane x x x x x x x x x x

18 comments:

  1. It looks so cute and sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just lovely tea, cake and bunting the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have loved to have joined you, everything looked beautiful and money going to a good cause too. A great day out.
    Is that an apron with the "high days an holidays" on? It is really nice.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love garden parties/fairs, and for such a good cause too. It all looks gorgeous and summery and I am quite smitten with the lovely vintage windbreak in the last photo.
    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous pics and a lovely idea!

    some days, weeks or even months can be a bit muddledy. hope you are feeling better soon ❤

    xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That all looks idyllic and so much fun! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like such a fun little fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely day :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great day, and stylish too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The easter fair looked so lovely! Were they mini jars of lemon curd on the table? If so, that's fantastic. I LOVE lemon curd, it's on my (long) list of things to learn to make...

    Take care,
    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for your kind words :)
    Peg - yes they were mini jars, I'll have to get (the other Jane) to put the recipe on here :)
    Carol - the 'high days and holidays' is a garland made from sweet little vintage tablecloths...
    Jane x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh, sorry we missed it. What are the chances of all three boys being asked out (at the SAME time? unheard of!)
    Pictures look lovely.
    Are we meant to be getting together tomorrow? may need to postpone - the builders are working through their (long) snagging list and I need to be here. Now i realise I'm making social arrangements in your comments box! off to text instead!
    fee ♥
    (ducklings tapping to get out....TOOOO exciting)

    ReplyDelete
  13. bless your friend what a lovely sweet thing to do and those cake looks delicious. Her whole garden looked so pretty and inviting. enjoy the rest of your week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fair looked amazing! Well done, wish I could have gone!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks so scrumptious, mmm.. cakes and lemon curd, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what fun...this looks delightful my friend...wish I could of joined you all. Pure JOY I say. xoxoxo hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was all set to say how lovely it all looked and then I spotted Morrissey in the bath..........I need to wipe the drool of my chin *sigh*.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow thats amazing, id love to do something like that but im afraid i wouldnt have the confidence. what a brilliant idea though! x x x

    ReplyDelete