Thursday 29 November 2012

Jolly dollies....how to...


the first of my festive how - to's is a jolly holiday version of the lolly dollies :)

you will need
scissors
mt tapes or fabric tape
pens incl a black biro
glue/double sided tape
paper doilies
bits of fabric and trim
pipe cleaners
big lolly sticks
a christmas cd (optional but it did get me in the mood!)
possibly a mince pie and a nice hot cup of glogg ...
oh ok I'm getting a bit carried away now....lets go...



first draw on your hair and face ( I use the biro to outline as the pens can sometimes bleed into the wood )
draw on legs and feet....use the tape to make a top and draw on details like collars and buttons

take a piece of fabric and gather it around at the waistline and tape in place

you can add lace or trims to the hem of the skirt with glue or d/s tape


next take a paper doily and concertina fold...get a pipe cleaner and twist around the centre of the folded doily

wrap around the lolly dolly to attach leaving a bit at the back for attaching to the tree top



you can the wrap some lace or ribbon to conceal the pipe cleaner at the front
glue on a button or any other little trims or notions you have to hand...as it's christmas I think you could go a bit nuts here and add glitter...sequins..sparkly bits etc....


an alternative way is to make the doily into a skirt..for the wings tie on a few different laces and ribbons and trim to size :) tie on an extra one to use to attach to the tree...

Just a note to add... I haven't said it for a while but Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and say hello I really, really do appreciate it, I have been away from my computer a lot lately...catching up with home life and family...it really needed to be done... but I haven't been able to read or say hello to my favourite blogs as much as I'd like to ... I'll catch up soon I promise

x x x x x x x x 

next time .....cute badges how to :)

ps... thank you for your help with my last post,I knew you would know how to sort it.. you are stars!!! x x x