hello! I made this sunny neon dot cushion at the weekend and I've done a little tutorial if you fancy making one for yourself.
cotton calico 1m should make a couple of these cushions
fabric paint in your chosen colours
paper plate for mixing paint
sponge brush (I used a circle but you could do any shape or use a potato stamp)
pom pom maker medium size
pillow insert 40cm x 40cm
- Cut out a square of calico measuring 42cm x 42cm (front piece) and two rectangles measuring 42cm x 34cm (back pieces)
- using the fabric paint and sponge brush begin stamping the front piece of fabric, allow to dry and then iron the dots to heat seal the paint.
- Hem one side of the wider edge on both of the back pieces.
- Place the front piece right side facing up
- Place the back pieces right side facing down over the front piece with the hemmed edges
- trim away excess seam allowance and turn the cover the right way around, pushing the corners to a point. Press the cover
- make 4 pom poms using a pom pom maker or like this
- stitch the pom poms on to each corner, making sure they are well attached
that's it, a pretty quick DIY apart from having to wait for the paint to dry...I found that the trickiest part because I am very impatient.
have a lovely weekend folks x x