Wednesday 4 March 2015

day tripping....


family day trips can prove to be a bit of a challenge now the boys are a bit older...plus we have a dog who likes to come with us. Whatever we do someone is usually not too enthusiastic about being seen in public with their parents!! but me and the mr don't give up that easily (sorry lads)


but it turns out the YSP // Yorkshire sculpture park is a good day out for us. Based near Wakefield it's only a bit of a hike across the pennines and is set in acres of beautiful Yorkshire countryside it has loads of outdoor art so taking the dog (on a lead) is allowed. This time our visit was pretty short as the weather was Baltic so we didn't make it around all the sites. Last time we went it was scorching hot and we were nearly passing out with the heat, must make a note to go in a more suitable climate next time.


I'm not sure my photos do it any justice but I didn't want to spoil the visit for any of you who may go in the future. admission is free but there are parking charges that go towards funding the park, which i think is a pretty good deal, there is a place to eat or have coffee and designated picnic areas.




it also has the best gift shop I have ever been in, here are my little treats...I have been coveting that mug for a very long time! :)

I think we are pretty lucky to have cool places like this to visit :) I'd love to hear if you have any good places you go to as a family x x