Monday 23 February 2015

patchwork and a winner...

 
...it's a few years since I started my little patchwork journey, it took me a while to find my own style and look but I always knew it would be mostly about choosing colours and fabrics. last weekend I gathered all the ones I have kept and put them together to get some inspiration for making some more. they are a mix of bright retro patterns and low volume neutral styles. probably because I live in house with three lads I have gone towards the simpler styles recently but my heart still skips when I see those bright patterns all stitched together. Would love to know which you prefer?










 

making these in one or two colours was a bit of a challenge at first but we have really toned down the patterns in our house recently so they go really well. I use my own templates by working up a design on squared paper and then scaling it up onto card, secretly hoping that my bad maths has worked and it will all fit together! I am continually amazed by those patch workers who do their own intricate designs and blocks.










this little pile of colour makes me happy and the pillows below were a rainy day project using some lovely grid fabric and a tea towel, 
 

and lastly I haven't forgotten that there is a giveaway winner to be announced...thank you so much for all your entries, I decided the easiest way to pick out the winner would be to pick a number and then count down the comments. so....the winner is Mrs Robinson well done!! (I have that song in my head now!) I'll be in touch very soon to arrange sending your happy package on it's way.

 I'm feeling a bit of spring in the air today...have a lovely week x x