Monday 26 January 2015

Blankets

hello, I've been making blankets to keep us warm this January...they are so handy I thought I would share them on here. All you need is some warm wool type fabric, mine is wool mix so I can throw it in the washing machine (essential with kids and a dog) and something to edge it with.
For this one I made some binding...

 the wool fabric is a lovely mustard and cream weave and the binding is some fabric I was given, it looks and feels like Liberty lawn but I can't be sure (anyone know?)

binding is pretty easy to make and there are lots of really good tutorials on how to make and attach it.
(like this one )

I usually hand stitch the binding down but for speed I did this one on the machine, it looks just as good as long as you sew in a neat straight line.

all done :) I love the way the binding looks and it gives a really neat finish... 

or you could use wool and blanket stitch the edges or just fold over the raw edge and stitch down.


These blankets cost around £10 each too and they are big enough to cover a double bed or to snuggle under on the sofa.  Super cosy :)
Back soon x x x x