Tuesday, 14 January 2014

ticking off the to do list...boys room

last week saw me wielding an allen key and a paintbrush and having a much needed clear out...our #1 was brilliant at being ruthless with toys and books and several trips to the charity shop later I could see the floor :)
after a few coats of white paint and another date with another allen key it was almost done...

#1 had a few requests... a blue wardrobe, a black and white quilt and somewhere to keep stuff.
I reused a few bits from around the house...a book shelf was switched for a cupboard...a pendant lamp spayed black...white bedding was hand printed and old suitcases were used as storage for under the bed.
no more dusty books :)

the black and white quilt was a treat for me to make...so different from all the bright colours I normally use...
and to add a bit of colour I made some origami cranes to hang from the ceiling...

and all the new space meant the (biggest slippers I ever had to wrap at christmas) fit perfectly under the bed


I'm hoping it will stay this tidy ;) x
   

20 comments:

  1. Oh, this job is waiting for me...love the little cupboard and the Periodic Table! Once a scientist, always a scientist ;-) I have a photo on erosion on my one wall, and contemplating a geological map...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! What is it about kids and messy rooms? They just cannot keep them tidy. My bears worst habit is opening drawers to get their clothes out and pulling half the drawer contents out with it. They use what they want, the rest is left all over the floor and the drawer is left open! Every single day! Does my nut! And the even more annoying bit, is when I tell them to sort it out, they pick up the clean clothes, bundle them up and shove them in the wash basket! Go figure! Boys! I hope yours are a little better than mine! Here's hoping for a tidy room for a few days after all your amazing hard work Jane!

    Have a super week my lovely xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous, so personal and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, this looks fab! We have the 'Bazinga' poster too - it's such a great splash of colour against the white walls. Love your quilt making with the black and white and that lamp looks great spray-painted. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this room. How old is he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great when you get everything done! Adore the black and white quilt, it is so unusual!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great room! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fab Jane ... he must be thrilled with his new room ... the black and white quilt is really great ... timeless ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a fabulous job, it looks great. High hopes for it staying tidy though :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a stunning boys room!!! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fab Jane. You continue to inspire. Boys can be tricky customers when it comes to make overs can't they? Working around guitars, skateboards, and Xboxes adds to the challenge. Love the quilt and lampshade x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous room! I love the black and white quilt, and the cranes are just lovely! They are lucky boys indeed! Great style! Tania x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks brilliant! Love the new quilt! Hope it stays tidy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great!!! I would sleep in here .... BAZINGA .... no really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great! Even if/when it gets messy, at least you have photographic evidence that it looked beautifully tidy once ;) I love the backing fabric you used on his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous job! Am so impressed with all your upcycling and making - he must be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing little space you have created. I absolutely love it and that yellow clock is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's really wonderful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete