Tuesday, 11 June 2013

last week I was mostly....


... entertaining our #2 who was on school holiday while our #1 was at school... in between nipping off to the newly white shed for a bit of worky type creating...we became a little obsessed with polymer clay...


first of all we made little kawaii style fruit faces and animals inspired by this 
then we decided to make some of our own style inspired by little vintage Fisher Price people....oh what fun  I we had...

the trick is getting the right colours and having a few little pots of acrylic paint for features...




as you can see I channelled my inner hairdresser here and created a few 'do's...


 then of course if you just happen to have a little house lying around then you can display them...


luckily our #2 is a budding animator and has a fab collection of miniature furniture for props...more fun making little room scenes....


I have to confess by this point our #2 had wandered off to craft some worlds on his favourite xbox game...so I soldiered on alone...making little cushions and blankets and arranging and possibly making a few more people...




 these two drew the short straw with the smallest room but they did bag the telly :)...

and then when everyone went out and I should have been doing very important things...I made a little matchbox home for this little couple....I could have gone on and on...it was so addictive and I confess to hogging the oven and filling it with big headed little people when I should have been making tea..


now everyone is back at school and I have no reason to make any more but I think when no one is looking I might just make a couple more :)
details for making these if you fancy having a go..
we used Sculpey polymer clay in primary brights and a couple of neons and we mixed up our own pastel and skin colours...the paint is acrylic applied with a cocktail stick and the varnish is mod podge

x x x x x x x x x

ps sorry for the name on the bottom of the photos..this is due to finding an instagram feed that was full of my blog photos :( not sure how effective that will be but its worth a try x









29 comments:

  1. How lovely, I had to smile all the time while reading ... thanks for the insight into the small world;-)
    Greetings,
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your right everything is lovely

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun! I'm adding Sculpey to my list of crafty wants... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these looks like lots of fun i may have to force my two to have a go with mummys help lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can see why these are addictive ... I had similar fun with shrink plastic ... now Sculpey is next on my list ;) ... perfect for the summer holidays ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, love them and their little house!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have carried on once the little ones wandered off too! Love the dolls house they live in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moley, these are adorable! The house just throws the cute factor into another stratosphere!
    Susan
    @SugarBeans.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vraiment magnifique !!!
    Bravo
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!. Lovely!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane my friend, unbelievably ace. I love them soooo much.
    I feel a crafternoon coming on ;)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks all for your lovely comments xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are absolutely marvellous! Spotted them on IG yesterday and thought they reminded me of Fisher Price people. I'm not surprised you made so many. Need one of those little houses for my #1's immense collection of teeny tiny animals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are soooo cute! Love the little French guy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little people especially the little French man, with his beret and tache! Fantastic :O)xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. well done for soldiering on when #2 gave up - you've got such stamina!
    One of your best makes yet I reckon...now, where is that fimo....fee x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun, I love the little people ... I must confess to doing colouring in when home alone ... I just love to play with the crayons :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like so much fun. Love them. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  18. whoops, signed in with my daughter's email. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg Jane, these are amazing - is there no end to your talent?! X

    ReplyDelete
  20. So precious! These are lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post made me smile! I love that you said the wee folk were inspired by Fisher Price characters of old - that's exactly what I thought of when I saw the top photo!!! :-)
    Cute, cute, cute!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! They're utterly fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Feeling inspired-Will show these to my 8yr old-Bet they make the 'to do' list for summer hols! The 'do's' are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vintage Fisher Price is a favorite of mine so you got my attention from the start! These are adorable and I'll be sharing on The Crafty Crow! Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vintage Fisher Price is a favorite of mine so you got my attention from the start! These are adorable and I'll be sharing on The Crafty Crow! Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful! I can't believe someone was cheeky enough to nick your photos for their own Instagram feed. Some people have no shame, do they?

    ReplyDelete