Tuesday 11 June 2013

last week I was mostly....


... entertaining our #2 who was on school holiday while our #1 was at school... in between nipping off to the newly white shed for a bit of worky type creating...we became a little obsessed with polymer clay...


first of all we made little kawaii style fruit faces and animals inspired by this 
then we decided to make some of our own style inspired by little vintage Fisher Price people....oh what fun  I we had...

the trick is getting the right colours and having a few little pots of acrylic paint for features...




as you can see I channelled my inner hairdresser here and created a few 'do's...


 then of course if you just happen to have a little house lying around then you can display them...


luckily our #2 is a budding animator and has a fab collection of miniature furniture for props...more fun making little room scenes....


I have to confess by this point our #2 had wandered off to craft some worlds on his favourite xbox game...so I soldiered on alone...making little cushions and blankets and arranging and possibly making a few more people...




 these two drew the short straw with the smallest room but they did bag the telly :)...

and then when everyone went out and I should have been doing very important things...I made a little matchbox home for this little couple....I could have gone on and on...it was so addictive and I confess to hogging the oven and filling it with big headed little people when I should have been making tea..


now everyone is back at school and I have no reason to make any more but I think when no one is looking I might just make a couple more :)
details for making these if you fancy having a go..
we used Sculpey polymer clay in primary brights and a couple of neons and we mixed up our own pastel and skin colours...the paint is acrylic applied with a cocktail stick and the varnish is mod podge

x x x x x x x x x

ps sorry for the name on the bottom of the photos..this is due to finding an instagram feed that was full of my blog photos :( not sure how effective that will be but its worth a try x