Wednesday, 16 January 2013

confessions of obsessions....#1



Ok so...when I said in the last post that I had a new obsession I might have told a little white lie...firstly because its not really new and secondly because I have more than one... here though is my most favouritest obsession of the moment...


 I guess it's what you would call Modern Patchwork...I began collecting the fabrics for this a while ago and over the Christmas holiday I made a quilt...


the colours of this one were inspired by the amazingly talented Rachel


 Then I got some more fabric...this time with one boy in mind...said boy was off school poorly last week so I got to work and made this one...a bit more basic and very quick to run up. He loved it :)




I feared I was getting a little bit addicted and the house could have been falling down around me but I would have carried on happily stitching row upon row of little squares :)


So I ordered a bit more fabric and made another one... this one is my favourite and is a bit bigger...


... I would love to make some more but have got a busy few weeks ahead so I will wait for a quiet time...the fabrics came from M is for Make who have a great range of modern prints and are frankly quite fab.


I'll be back soon...my promise to blog more is written above my computer in big letters :)
Thank you for still popping by despite my rubbishness at posting lately...I really do appreciate it and I'd love to hear if you have any new obsessions you have been busy with :)
Have a lovely week x x x x x

ps fear not I have not abandoned my lovely vintage florals...just fancied a bit of a change for winter, I am busy making new vintage patchy goodies as I speak x x x x

23 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, rachels Blog is superb.
    Liking the boy quilt too great colours like rachels snow pics, so awestruck you are following my blog, bet foxy told you about me!!
    bastest d x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been productive! Beautiful work!
    Love, Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I just love the colour combo!!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mini vacation from my slammed life.
    Just lovely. I will keep checking in. May just get me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great "colour eye" my friend...love these. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabric, lovely colours mixed together, I suppose that is the joy of patchworking. I am taking tentative steps into the quilting world. Must dig out my almost finished picnic blanket and see whether I can master bias binding. Wish me luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them Jane! The combinations of colours and print work brilliantly together. And I think they compliment the vintage fabrics - I'd happily have both in my home. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I simply love all the color combo's you've used Jane! Time to snuggle up! (although I actually just woke up over here on the other side of the pond...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them! I think the top one is my favourite - love those greys and oranges. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOVE them, well done!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love them, especially the first one!! So pretty and I love the grey! Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've also been mixing it up a bit, vintage sheets are in my heart but mixing it up with a bit of new is feeling good for me right now! Your quilt is great, you've done a fantastic job! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like everyone else has said, the colours and the prints look fab together! Especially love the blues and greys and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beyond gorgeous ... I love the modern fresh prints as well as the vintage sheets ... I could definitely find a place for both in my home ... they are so lovely ... off to peruse fabric and probably add some pressure to the bank balance :) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing!!! I love mixing vintage and modern pieces in my home, there's definitely room for both. Especially when the modern fabrics are as nice as these! Loving the mix of brights with greys and whites, and the geometrics with the odd splash of floral. Thanks for the inspiration! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you do as I miss you in blogland. love how you've mixed those fabrics Jane. I've looked at the Orange grey floral for months now with no idea, seeing how you've mixed it with your other colours has made me see how it really works. happy New year and all that too lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are fab! I gave quilting a go and it was great- might go with a smaller project next though! I too used Rachel's blog for inspiration :) Followed over from instagram when I saw the fabric pic :) Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stop showing off!! Heehee

    Nothing's changed, I still love you, oh I still love you....

    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOoooove the modern patchwork quilt! Very inspiring.....I'm thinking of making a quilt for my sis for next Xmas - have to plan & make a start early!
    Natalie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your new quilts, still on my 'to do list'.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete