Friday, 1 June 2012

even more half term hi- jinx ......


..... here comes another half term....2 weeks for us, so I am planning to get crafty...to keep my sanity!! I've already started by remaking some of my christmas owlies...this time I think they will be teachers gifts and I'm  hoping to put some in my etsy shop when it re-opens after the school hols :) I love hand sewing and its a portable job (always a bonus)


...also on the crafty plan is more vintage patchy blankets...I'm thinking picnics and beach..camping etc... or for snuggling under if the sun isn't coming out to play :)...last year I made a few of these to keep a record of all the vintage fabrics I'd had...all the different patterns together make me smile ...especially now as they are so hard to get hold of...(hence my lack of bundles in the shop recently)



I'm also planning to have a bit of a tidy up in my little shed...I have been in there 8 months now and I have sat in there with the wind howling..the rain lashing..icy frost..and then .......the heat....well it gets very hot in there I can tell you. As I get asked a lot of questions about the practicalities of working in a potting shed I'm planning a little post with (hopefully) some helpful advice :)..

 hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to...  we are probably not doing anything Jubilee'ish but the bunting is always up and I'm sure I could be forced to eat a cream tea and a cucumber sandwich at some point over the next few days :)

x x x x x x x


20 comments:

  1. Enjoy your rest, and the cream tea! Love those blankets perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love your little owls.....lucky teachers! It's always so nice to give handmade presents.

    Hope you have a great jubilee weekend ... we're starting our long weekend this evening with a BBQ ...Bliss!

    Fingers crossed that the sun will continue to shine : )

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owwww, so lovely, the little owls.. I also love hand sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet Jane, I love your darling owls! They are so adorable! I love the patchy blanket. That is a perfect way to showcase your favorite vintage fabrics! So cheerful and bright. I love your bunting, lights and flowers too! Your shed is beautiful and I look forward to your post about it. Have a happy Jubilee and enjoy the cream tea and cucumber sandwiches! xo~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream of a potting shed. My kitchen table is just piled with silver and beads at the mo.
    Happy half term to you and your owlies, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owls are so cute and the patchy blanket looks perfect for summer. I can't wait to hear about your little shed. Have a crafty half term. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blanket en sweet owls...
    Good weekend!
    Carolien from Huisliefhuis (Homesweethome)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little owls and your patchy blankets...soo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Owls are so adorable! Your studio is soooooo lovely - can I move in?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything thing looks amazingly delightful my sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutest owls.....and what a happy spot you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane , I love your patchy blanket...it's just gorgeous.
    Yes please do tell us tips about your potting shed craft studio...I'd LOVE to do over our shed but I'm not sure how much I'd be able to cope with the heat/cold.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your snoozing owlies, I think the teachers will be very pleased with them.

    Have a lovely half term!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blankets will be beautiful! And I love those owls. I'd also love to hear about the potting shed aventures. I have a craft room inside the house but its about the same size as a shed and man, it gets cold (very little natural light).

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the idea of keeping littles squares of loving fabrics and put it together ! it can help to use it because sometimes it's really hard. Like many of you, i would also be very interested in reading about the little shed and the way you made it your place ... Do you manage to craft all the time inside or do you keep on bringing work inside your home ? What is half term ? In France, kids have holydays around easter, in april or at the beginnig of may and then, they go to school until the end of june and stop for two entire months and go back to school in september. Is it very different for you ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cinthia
      I think only Uk has half term holidays...we have two weeks here in the north and then back to school til July, then it's the summer holidays:)
      And yes I manage to work in the she'd most of the time :) ps your blog is lovely xxxx

      Delete
    2. Hello Jane, thanks for answering and thanks for visiting my blog ! It makes me happy !

      Delete
  16. I would really like one of your patchwork throws - do you ever sell them?...

    I NEED one in my life!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello...yes I am going to make some to put in the shop in the next couple of weeks...I'll pop over and let you know when they are ready if you like xxx

      Delete
  17. Love your sweet owls, and vintage sheet quilt!! So fun!! I am your newest follower, and love your beautiful and inspiring blog!! Have a lovely day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely to hear from you :) x