Sunday, 26 June 2011

Just as the UK gets a heatwave........

I make more blankets :)

LinkIt all started with some little squares left over from here and before I knew it I was back in my fabric chopping trance again and there were enough squares for another blanket......well it would have been rude not to just get on with it.......

So another vintage patchwork blanket appeared....... a little paler and more washed out than the first and with a little wincyette (yes I did shamelessly say wincyette) sheeting on the reverse.

and as I have no girly bedrooms to bestow this one upon...I snuck into #2's bedroom while he was at school and turned his bed into what can only be described as a homage to grannies airing cupboard circa 1970!...... (he humoured me..)
so.. I must focus on making bags this week..only a month left before summer break ...oh but then I did find something at the car boot this weekend which could prove to be another distraction :)
....if it turns out well I will show and tell ..
x x x x x x x x x x x

22 comments:

  1. Oh it is so gorgeous. So pretty. I wish I could do that. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, granny chic at its best x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! very Holly Hobbie! Did you see Morrisey on Tv playing at Glastonbury on Friday BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so pushing your luck with #2 - make the very most of it!!!
    Can't wait for our afternoon together.

    JUST got your latest comment while I'm here - and realise my faux pas! Of course your bags are current, and gingham is always in fashion! You know how much I like them - and always will.

    We really missed you too - made me laugh to think about Glastonbury going on while we swayed to Que Cera!!!
    LOVE you! (creep creep)
    fee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks absolutely lovely...keep on making those sweeties!...ignore the heatwave and keep on sewing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that's gorgeous!!! I have blanket envy! Big time :)

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its lovely love the fabrics. What did you back it with? and did you bind it? i was trying to see how you made it as i love my patchwork but i am always interested to see how others make there's. Have a lovely week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you worry, British heatwaves have a habit of not staying around too long! Your pretty blanket will no doubt be needed before long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so pretty, I'm sure your son will love it! :0)

    I want to see what you got from the car boot, stop this teasing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you mean England gets a heatwave. It's been a dark shade of grey all day here! Definitely blanket time. The fabrics you used are absolutely perfect. It's gorgeous ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, fabulous fabrics. Weather forecast tonight said cooler weather later in the week so you might need your blanket!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Love love love vintage sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful. I love it!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute
    and what
    patience
    you have
    (and
    kindness
    too
    thanks for
    your
    recent
    positive
    comments)
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so cute, much neater than the one I am making - I er, started it about 10 months ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep making - beautfiul - and particularly if it causes a heatwave! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love love it. What a great use for all that groovy fabric! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, delicious - it looks like dolly mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blankets and on that blue iron bed...they just go hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these blankets!!!!!! LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete