Monday, 18 April 2011

This week I have been mostly.......

......trying to keep the house tidy when the boys are off school......not possible... so I took myself off to the fabric cupboard and tidied that instead, quite obsessively... into colour co-ordinated piles which I then sat and stared at...... while mayhem went on around me :)
there's something comforting about the look and feel of these happy little piles that I sat for a long time admiring and arranging them...... I think my favourite is the pink pile.....

then I started on the pillowcase pile......

Anyway the moral of this story is that when I came to put them all back in the cupboard they wouldn't all go in ...so I gave myself a good talking to....decided that I would make some things to keep so that I can still see these lovelies everyday but the rest will have to go off to the shelves of littleteawagon....gulp...


and then the cupboard door will close :)


Hope you're having a lovely spring break and the sun is shining


x x x x x x x

14 comments:

  1. ooh lovely fabrics, I quite often "tidy" my fabrics just so I can rearrange them and play..sad huh!! Sun is shining here too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those piles are fantastic!

    And i'm happy to read i'm not the only one with a 'by kids created messy house' but with 'by colour co-ordinated piles of fabrics'.
    My books are to high to reach and also arranged
    by colour....

    have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you're inspired now by all that gorgeousness. When I have a tidy I find fabric I'd forgotten about and then the ideas boing about. Have fun with the making Jane.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some gorgeous vintage fabrics there - they look so beautfiul arranged by colour.
    I am so reluctant to cut into my vintage fabrics - I like to look at them and find it difficult to part with them, so I keep buying more on the basis that then i will have so many that i wont mind - but it doesn't work like that does it!!
    Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What inspiration I'm getting from looking at your beautiful fabric! I love how You arranged them all hmmmmmm I may be doing the same today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics in lovely ordered piles and colours. So much more interesting to sort fabrics than the linen cupboard like I did over the weekend.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my such lovely fabrics. I love tidying mine up too and then stare at them for too long! Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fabrics - you can't beat a bit of fabric love!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't funny how tidying some things like fabric, yarn etc. is so much fun, while tidying other things like cupboards under the sink, airing cupboards etc. is absolutely boring!!
    Love the blue pile! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty fabrics....I adore colour matching!Hugs today and for a wonderful week with your boys....this is week 2...right?
    xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spy so many pretty fabrics!
    My piles are all over the place, I need to take inspiration from you and get organised.
    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooohhhh lovely fabrics i like the yellow pile but i also like the pink pile and then i also like the purple pile in fact you could say i love them all ;-))) Wow what i could do with those beauty's you lucky lady ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sorting inspired me to buy some of your beautiful fabric I await its safe arrival, god speed little fabric bundle:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane, the piles are lovely, I recognise the joy in arranging them and just looking... and over and over again :-)
    Enjoy the springbreak!
    Love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete

Hello, lovely to hear from you :) x