Thursday, 12 August 2010

The post with lots of Love in it!




Hands up who remembers these??? I have never been so happy to see the postman as I was this morning, he's LOVELY and all that but normally he just has LOTs of packages for 'Herman' (see last post!) Anyway today the little parcel all the way from the U.S finally arrived (it had me worried for a bit). Luckily yesterday the other half of this little nostlagia trip also arrived, otherwise it would have been a case of digging out the 3d glasses from Shrek, another toilet roll and some sticky back plastic. But I cannot tell you how happy this LOVELY little set makes me. If anyone asked me what my favourite toy as a child was, it would definately be my viewmaster,(closely followed by my Brittans Riding school set) and I am LOVE,LOVE,LOVING this LOVELY red version, I can remember gazing at the bambi reels for hours!. Fab!!!! Just LOVE it so much!!

Note added - I have spent most of today looking at it!! LOVE it even more x


8 comments:

  1. Do you know, I had a Viewmaster too, although it was always kept at my Granny's house in her box of toys that she had gathered for me and my brother for when we visited. I've been wracking my brains as to what the images were of....and this morning it came to me! They were images of Holland! Tulip fields and windmills!!! Awwwww very nostalgic indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember loving my viewmaster too, but can't remember what on earth I looked at. Old enough to remember them and old enough to have a complete memory lapse about the whole thing.
    Must say found you as a follower to my blog and love what you're doing here, fun and colourful, it's a lovely blog.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I had a Viewmaster too. Gosh, I seem to remember having lots of geographical locations, Tom & Jerry, some Disney ones too.

    Aaaaaah, happy days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a new follower. My mum had one of these - she was American. I used to love the pictures of retro Disneyland when I was a kid. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I remember having a viewmaster too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I followed the trace from Attic24, landed here and went oh so nostalgic! I remember my Viewmaster as well, and I do remember watching Peter Pan again and again and again...

    And your post "Meet the family" made me smile widely. Please visit my blog to see what my daughter makes of paper rolls:
    http://jazz67.blogspot.com/2010/02/nya-konstverk.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure my mum still has mine somewhere - I'm now 44! I remember gazing at disney scenes and thinking how magical they looked ... aaah - they were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a viewmaster too - with vivid images of Canada (it was sent to us by our Canadian cousins!)I'll have to see if my mum still has it - I'd love to view it again!

    ReplyDelete